Reading of Acts 3:1-10

 The reading for today is Acts 3:1-26 (in Bible or the ESV translation below).

Read slowly and look for 1 or 2 things that really stand out from this text. Meditate on those truths.
Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour. And a man lame from birth was being carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple that is called the Beautiful Gate to ask alms of those entering the temple. Seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked to receive alms. And Peter directed his gaze at him, as did John, and said, “Look at us.” And he fixed his attention on them, expecting to receive something from them. But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!” And he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. And leaping up he stood and began to walk, and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God. And all the people saw him walking and praising God, 10 and recognized him as the one who sat at the Beautiful Gate of the temple, asking for alms. And they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.
 What stands out to you in this passage of Scripture?

6 comments

  1. I love what Peter says, I can just see it in my head. I picture Peter and John walking by in very humble clothes and looking back at the lame man like " C'mon, we are just as poor as you!" His response is great though. So powerful and sure that Jesus will heal him! I also love that God didn't just heal the lame man and allow him to unsteadily stand and casually walk but "leaping up he stood and began to walk... walking and leaping and praising God". That speaks to me about God power and intention for us. If God wants us to do something and we are willing, we will be doing it with everything we have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts Aleesha! Love them! And yes, it is awesome that the lame man did not just casually walk but LEAPED! “Then shall the lame man leap like a deer” Isaiah 35:6...prophesy fulfilled!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things that stick out to me is the need for this man to look at them before they go any further it makes me wonder if it was to have his full attention, makes me think of looking up at the snake of bronze on the stick in numbers 21 (why I'm not sure it's just the image that comes to my mind) the second thing is just coming to the understanding of how rich we are spiritually in Christ, I know we won't all have the gift of healing but understanding the boldness that these men speak in (in Jesus's name) we have the holy spirt I know I don't fully grasp how rich we are in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for sharing Emilie! Love the thoughts on the Apostles getting the man's full attention (that caught my attention too) and pondering how rich we are in Christ. Your thoughts made me think of the verse in Ephesians that says 'He has blessed us in the heavenly realms with EVERY spiritual blessing in Christ.' I want to fully comprehend that. We are rich indeed.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig