Why Study the Bible?


When I first came to know the LORD, One of the first things I learned was the treasure of Scripture. It truly is God’s Word.  We throw this term around and I think it loses its profound meaning. God speaks to us through the pages of the Bible. God wants to reveal Himself to us through this book. Many view the Bible as a rule book or a guide book for our lives, but the Bible is not primarily about us and what we should do, it is about GOD and what HE has done. God created us to have relationship with Himself. This relationship is the only thing that can satisfy our hungry souls and it can only thrive as we abide in His Word.

Upon conversion, I knew that the most important thing I could ever do in my life was learn this living book. I went to seminary to study God’s word and I have never regretted this decision. In seminary I grew in my ability to “rightly handle the Word of truth”(2 Timothy 2:15). The Word, that was always living, came alive to me personally. As I understood the context of the different books in the Bible, I began to find more joy in the Word and my relationship with the LORD. I want everyone to know the beautiful treasures in the Word that come from understanding the context and primary intent of the author to the original audience.

Do you want to know God? Do you want to grow closer to Him and experience more joy, more peace, and more satisfaction in your life? If so, make it a priority to meet with the LORD and read His Word. There cannot be a relationship without communication, and God desires to speak to us through this inspired Book.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 says “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”

Did you catch that? The purpose of Scripture is for our maturing in the faith. He desires that we may be complete. You were created for good works. You were created to make a difference in this world as you abide in Christ and walk by His Spirit. He will equip you for this calling as you grow in communion with Him and are trained by the Scriptures. We cannot mature in this life without the life-sustaining bread of the Word.

May you find complete satisfaction as you feast on the Word and meet with the One behind the Word.

No comments

Post a Comment

Contributors

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig